Are you considering moving to Tucson, Arizona?
Tucson is one of the sunniest cities in the United States, second only to Phoenix, AZ. The city is home to more species of birds than anywhere else on the planet, except the Amazon Rainforest.
Tucson’s air quality is rated high among the cleanest in the entire United States, and the city’s low cost of living makes it a suitable place for young families, retirees, and even students.
The Old Pueblo city is known for its low cost of living, great outdoor activities, mountain climbing, off-road adventures, hiking, biking, and a lot more. If all these sounds like what you’d like to be a part of, moving to Tucson, AZ could be the right decision for you.
We’ve compiled relevant data about living in the city to help you weigh the pros and cons of moving to Tucson in 2020 and to decide if it is right for you or not.
What should I know before moving to Tucson?
- Tucson, AZ experiences 284 days of sunshine per year
- The cost of living in Tucson is lower than the national average
- Tucson, AZ is a great city for swimmers as the weather is always warm
- Downtown and nightlife in Tucson, AZ are thrilling
Tucson is ideal for outdoor activities.
- Tucson is a city that enjoys festivals and events
- Tucson is a rock-climber’s paradise
- Tucson is a biker’s haven and a runner’s paradise
- The food in Tucson is amazing
- Tucson is a great place for startups
- Tucson, AZ is located 60 miles north of the Mexican border
- Moving in the summer can reduce your moving costs.
- Public Transportation is a great way to get around in Tucson
- The Santa Cruz River in Tucson has no water in it
- Almost everyone gets valley fever in Tucson, AZ
Is Tucson a good place to live?
No natural disasters!
If you’re worried about natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes etc. moving to Tucson, AZ will be one of the best decisions you ever make. The city is free of natural disasters and you can enjoy great moments outdoors with your family.
It’s a sunny city
Tucson is one of the sunniest cities in the entire United States with an average of 284 days of sunshine per year. This amazing weather makes outdoor living absolutely exciting.
For several years, Tucson’s air quality is always ranked among the highest across the country. If you’re looking to get away from air pollution and to constantly fill your nostrils and lungs with clean, fresh, and healthy air, moving to Tucson is a good idea.
Amazing outdoor activities
Tucson’s clear blue sky makes the city a perfect place for several outdoor activities. The city is well-known for rock climbing, hiking, off-road tours, swimming, festivals, events, thrilling nightlife and a lot more.
If you enjoy any of those outdoor activities, moving to Tucson could be perfect for you. This is one of the key things to consider about the pros and cons of moving to Tucson, AZ.
If you love sports, you’ll enjoy moving to Tucson, AZ. The city is home to the University of Arizona, a PAC-12 university famous for always winning national sporting titles providing athletes for various professional leagues in the country. The city also hosts several sporting tournaments and events and you’ll find almost any sport in Tucson.
Great tasty foods
After all is said and done about why living in Tucson is great, you’ll enjoy delicious foods in the city. And if you really want great tasty cuisines, head down town. You’ll have a wide-variety of delicious foods to choose from.
Great for startups!
If you’re interested in starting a business, moving to Tucson is good for you. The city is business friendly and its various policies are friendly for startups making it possible for small businesses to thrive easily.
The startup-friendly nature of the city is a significant aspect of the pros and cons of living in Tucson, AZ.
Is it expensive to live in Tucson Arizona?
The cost of living in Tucson is rated 91.6. This is lower than the national average of 100. Housing is the most significant factor in the cost of living in Tucson, AZ.
Tucson, AZ Housing Market
Here’s a simple breakdown of Tucson, AZ housing market:
- The median home value in Tucson is $215,965
- Tucson home values have gone up 7.6% over the past year
- Tucson’s home values are predicted to fall by -0.6% within the next year
- The median list price per square foot in Tucson is $144
- The median price of homes currently listed in Tucson is $231,250
- The median price of homes that sold is $217,100.
- The median rent price in Tucson is $1,300
- Tucson 0.8 homes are foreclosed (per 10,000). The national value is 1.2.
Tucson, AZ Rental Market
Here’s a simple summary of Tucson, AZ rental market:
- Average rental price in Tucson is $1,193. The U.S. average is $1,470
- Average rental price for a studio apartment is $619. The U.S. average is $821
- Average cost of a 1-bedroom home or apartment is $727. The U.S. average is $930
- Average cost of a 2-bedroom home or apartment is $962. The U.S. average is $1,148
- Average cost of a 3-bedroom home or apartment is $1,391. The U.S. average is $1,537
- Average cost of a 4-bedroom home or apartment $1,645. The U.S. average is $1,791
Some more benefits of living in Tucson
Lower housing costs
Homes are affordable in Tucson. In fact, 56% of Tucson’s residents are homeowners. If you’re interested in buying a home anytime soon, moving to Tucson, AZ can help you achieve that easily.
Sunshine and outdoor
Warm weather and several outdoor activities go well together making Tucson a perfect place for several exciting outdoor events. From rock climbing to swimming, hiking, biking, and off-road tours, the possibility of what you can do outdoors in Tucson under a clear blue sky is endless.
The city has fewer bugs
If you hate bugs or hate being anywhere around them, moving to Tucson is a good way to stay away from them. Compared to several other places in Tucson, there are less bugs in Tucson.
Tucson is a friendly city with lots of friendly people. If you’d like to live around people who aren’t hostile, and you’d like to do business in a friendly environment, Tucson, AZ is the right place for that.
Few hours to the Grand Canyon
If you’d like to see one of the seven natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon, you can easily do so from Tucson, AZ. The Grand Canyon is only five hours away from Tucson, AZ.
What is the minimum wage in Tucson?
What is the good salary in Tucson ?
The median annual income of households in Tucson is $43,676, the U.S. average is $61,937. For hourly jobs in the city, the average annual pay is $33,652 per year. The average monthly salary in Tucson, AZ is $2,804 a month, the average weekly salary is $647 a week, while the average hourly rate is $16 per hour.