Now that you’re ready to contact some moving companies for your upcoming move, we’ve compiled a list of few quick tips that’ll help you make a smart decision and pick the right moving company. Don’t get scammed by a rogue mover. Read on:
1. Request an In-Home estimate if possible.
2. If In-home estimate is not possible, ask about a Binding/Not-to-Exceed estimate. A lot of moving companies like to have the customers sign a Non-Binding estimate. This gives the mover ability to increase the price later on. Protect yourself and your belongings.
3. Ask to get a quote depending upon the weight of the shipment rather than cubic feet. Some companies will try to give quote based on the amount of space the furniture will take up on the truck. Weight based estimates are always more accurate.
4. Check the mover’s BBB rating. Also if possible search online for reviews about the moving company. Make sure the company’s name and address matches that on the contract and the truck.
5. Check to make sure that the moving company’s DOT Number is valid.
6. DO NOT give large sums of cash deposit. Only a small token should be required as an advance.
With these points in mind, you are now ready to talk to moving companies and get a moving quote.